Sidney State Bank was founded in 1921 by a group of Sidney residents who wanted to bring banking services to this small rural community. At that time the nearest bank access was a long drive or train ride away. As transportation improved, and as holding companies acquired other area community banks, Sidney State Bank’s individualized service attracted customers from other Montcalm County communities.
We continue to offer individualized service, along with a complete line of financial services, to residents of Montcalm County. Today we are able to provide improved access to our customer’s accounts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with our internet and mobile banking services, including mobile check deposit. Although internet and mobile banking makes us more accessible, our motto will continue to be “Where Banking is a People Business”.
- Bank was founded.
- Chris Petersen served as the banks Cashier.
- Kermit Bowen served as the banks Cashier and President.
- Bank built its new office on the corner of Sidney and Derby Rd.
- Rex Rice served as the banks President.
- Bank reached $25 million in assets.
- Steve Shoen served as the banks President.
- Bank reached $50 million in assets
- Jim Paris served as the banks President
- Bank opened its second branch office in Sheridan.
- The bank reached $100 million in assets and is celebrating its 100-year anniversary
- Bob Byram has served as the banks President
- Bank opening its third branch office in Stanton